Summer is here, and it’s warm outside. We’re glad everyone is enjoying the pool! We have some upcoming events that you should stop by and participate in. Our main event this month will be an outdoor movie! We’re also open to any event ideas that any of our residents would like to see. You can either stop by the office with those ideas, or email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re one of those people that waited until the last minute to make your decision on where to live next year, you better hurry! If you want to stay with us, contact the office immediately because we’re running out of some of our floor plans. We also have specials going on right now, so stop by the office for information on renewing!
Have a safe and fun summer! For those of you on vacation, enjoy, and we’ll see you back in the fall!
- Move-out day is around the corner! If you’re moving out, please refer to the move-out packet to avoid any charges.
- When moving out, please throw away everything in the big, red dumpsters, not the smaller trash dumpsters.
Reminders & Updates
- Any after-hours noise complaints can be directed to Signal 88. Call (573) 234-3864, and they will handle everything anonymously.
- As everyone can see, the potholes at Forest Village have been filled!
- We’re working on the updates for the dog park. More information coming soon.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Jeopardy in July — Every Wednesday in July — Check our Facebook page for a new American history question every Wednesday this month. The first person to answer correctly will win a gift card to Chick-fil-A.
Summer Fun at the Dog Park — Friday, July 7 from noon–2 p.m. @ Woodlake, and from 4–6 p.m. @ Forest Village — Bring your pets and join us at the dog park for fun treats and water play!
Outdoor Movie Night — Thursday, July 13 @ 8 p.m. — Join us in the front parking lot for an outdoor movie night! We’ll be playing the new Beauty and the Beast. Remember to bring a chair, blanket, and snacks to make yourself comfortable.