As the sunny days are slowing turning into crisp evenings, we wanted to let you know about our upcoming events! We’ll be having events for pizza lovers, fall fans, and movie junkies. We’re open to any event ideas that our residents would like to see. You can either stop by the office with those ideas, or email them to us at email@example.com.
If you have any maintenance requests, please give us a call or swing by the office.
Reminders & Updates
- Any after-hours noise complaints can be directed to Signal 88. Call (573) 234-3864, and they’ll handle everything anonymously.
- Please remember to dispose of trash at the various dumpsters around the property. Failing to do so will result in a $25 fine for every bag of trash.
- Rent payments are due on the 1st of every month. Late fees will begin to accrue on the 6th of the month.
Tips on Living with Roommates!
Perhaps one of the greatest advantages of living in a Campus Advantage community is the opportunity to live and work closely with all types of people. We know that living with roommates isn’t always easy, whether you moved in with friends or were matched up with new people. Either way, it’s perfectly normal to have the occasional roommate conflict, and there’s actually a lot to be gained from handling a difficult situation maturely and respectfully.
We want to make sure you have the tools to handle these situations should they arise, so check out the tips below to ensure you and your roommates have the best living experience possible this year:
- Schedule a roommate meeting: Set up a time for all roommates to get together and have a proactive conversation about each person’s preferences and expectations when it comes to cleanliness, guests, sleeping/study times, the use of others belongings or food, etc.
- Be open minded: You and your roommates may be very different, and that’s OK! Stay open minded and positive about your roommates’ views and experiences, and you may end up learning a lot about them and yourself in the process.
- Give each other space: Even though your apartment is made for multiple people, everyone appreciates having space to themselves once in a while. Make sure you’re sharing time in common areas and respecting each other’s privacy.
- When in doubt, talk it out: Most problems can be solved by just talking through the issue before it gets out of hand. If something is seriously bugging you about one of your roommates, bring it to them in a mature one-on-one conversation before bringing in other roommates or escalating the situation. Passive-aggressive behaviors won’t help.
- Divide responsibilities: While every roommate should commit to cleaning up after themselves, determine the best way to divide other responsibilities, such as taking out the trash, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, etc., to ensure everyone plays their part.
- Use conflict resolution backup: While talking can usually fix an issue in its early stages, sometimes a more structured approach is necessary. If you’ve tried and feel your efforts aren’t helping resolve an issue between roommates, reach out to your Community Assistant or the management team to help you brainstorm options. The management team is trained and willing to help conduct a roommate mediation process if necessary, but is also happy to provide you with tips and tools to handle it yourself.
We want you to have a successful living experience while at our community, but we know that living with roommates can mean an occasional difference of opinion. When roommates decide to communicate their expectations, listen and try to understand each other, and care about each other’s well-being, the many great memories you make will outweigh any small conflict you may have.
National Cheese Pizza Day — September 5 from 4–6 p.m. — We’re celebrating National Cheese Pizza Day! Join us for a pizza dinner in the office.
DIY Fall Sugar Scrub — September 22 from 4–6 p.m. — Come celebrate the first day of fall with us and make your very own sugar scrub!
Pet Portraits — September 25 from 4–6 p.m. — Bring your furry friend of any kind to the office to get their photo taken!
Movie Night — September 30 from 8–10 p.m. — Join us for Movie Night, featuring the new Jungle Book! Bring your chairs, and we’ll provide the snacks!