March is here, and that means spring break is coming, weather is getting warmer, and the semester is almost halfway finished! The official start of spring also means something very important: spring cleaning in your apartment. Make this month all about de-stressing and preparing yourself for warmer weather, and you’ll be ready to take on the rest of the season. Don’t forget to keep an eye out for all the awesome events we have planned for this month, too. They’re all a great opportunity for food, prizes, and fun!
If you are planning on renewing, do so as soon as possible! We’re already running out of many floor plans, and we can’t guarantee that you’ll get to stay in your spot for next year.
Have a great spring break!
— The Forest Village & Woodlake Staff
• It’s finally starting to warm up! That means you can turn your A/C units and heaters off for this beautiful and pleasant weather. That’ll help you save on your utility bills.
• Opening your windows on nice days helps get air flowing through your apartment. It helps remove pollutants from your apartment, gives you fresh air, and reduces any condensation that may have built up over winter.
• With spring also comes spring cleaning! Double-check under the sinks in your kitchen and bathroom, and check your A/C unit in the utility closet for any possible leaking. It doesn’t hurt to wipe out cabinets and dust to spruce up your apartment for the season.
Reminders & Updates
– If you are having trouble getting into the package boxes in the mailroom, or if you think your mail is being misdelivered, call USPS at (573) 441-1862. They will be able to answer any questions you may have in regard to the mailboxes.
– Make sure that you are parking in open parking spots, not on the curb. That is a fire hazard, and it will result in a parking violation notice that can lead to your vehicle being towed.
– If you have any ideas for events you’d like to see in the future, questions, or concerns of any kind, email us at email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
Soft Skills Make a Difference
A positive attitude and the ability to look someone in the eye while giving a firm handshake can truly set two very similar candidates apart in the job process. In this day and age of hiring and recruiting, we’ve been hearing a lot about soft skills, or people skills, when describing a candidate’s interviewing and hiring process. These are the skills that basically allow you to get along and interact with others in a work and social environment. Your ability to evaluate and hone your people skills should be part of your job prep, just as you ensure your resume is clean and typo-free.
An employee should be able to communicate, listen, share ideas, and interact with people (sometimes difficult people) in a way that demonstrates professionalism at all times. During the interview process, while your resume is showing your credentials, you are inherently demonstrating your soft skills. It takes constructive thought to be the person you want to be in the workplace. It doesn’t just happen by chance — it happens via thoughtful awareness, informed actions, and respectful engagements.
The skills of success, such as being adaptable, being positive, having a willingness to assist, and conveying a strong work ethic, are arguably more important than any degree or credential.
Stay tuned for more success tips and resources from Campus Advantage!
Did you know we are a national partner with Relay For Life? Make a difference in the fight against cancer by joining our team or donating. Contact the leasing office to find out more about how you can get involved!
De-Stress on National Napping Day — Monday, March 13 from 4–6 p.m. — Come by the office, and we’ll have everything you’ll need to make your own sleep mask! We will also have information on how to keep stress levels down, and how to give yourself the best care possible.
Pi Day — Tuesday, March 14 from 4–6 p.m. — On National Pi Day, come celebrate with us! We’ll have pies in the office, and whoever knows the most digits of the number pi will win a $15 gift card!
Get Ready for April Showers and Plant Flowers with Us — Monday, March 20 from 4–6 p.m. — On the first official day of spring, we’ll have flowers for you to plant in the office. Get ready for spring and plant flowers to decorate your apartment! We’ll provide the flower seeds, pots, and soil; you just need to bring your green thumb!
Spring Break Getaways — March 27–31 — While you’re gone on your spring vacations, send us pictures of your getaways! We’d love to see the exciting places you’re going. Whoever is the furthest from Columbia will win a $20 gift card at the end of the week.