The pool is now open, and the days are getting longer! We hope that your summer has been relaxing so far and that you’re enjoying the beautiful weather. Some of our residents are even official graduates! Congratulations to everyone who graduated this past month — you did it! The Forest Village & Woodlake staff wishes you the best with all your future endeavors!
We have some really exciting things planned for you all this summer, so make sure that you follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We’ll be doing giveaways as well as announcing our monthly resident events there.
We hope you have a great and relaxing summer!
—The Forest Village & Woodlake Staff
- The pool is now open! Hours are 8:30 a.m.–8:30 p.m. Please don’t run, flip, or dive, and no alcohol is allowed at the pool. Rules are posted on location, as well.
- Please refrain from smoking in your unit. We ask that you smoke outside and dispose of your cigarette butts in an appropriate manner that is not harmful in any way to your neighbors.
- Remember to dispose of your trash correctly in the dumpsters around the property. Leaving bags of trash outside your apartment can result in a fine of up to $25 per bag of trash.
- Our lake is stocked with fish and you may go fishing! It is catch and release, so you do have to put them back. Have fun spending a relaxing afternoon catching some of the fish!
Reminders & Updates
- For anyone moving out in July, now is the time to start cleaning your apartment! It makes it easier on yourself in the long run to clean the small things before moving out instead of doing it all at one time. If you have any questions about what should be cleaned, feel free to check with us in the office.
- Any after-hours noise complaints can be directed to Signal 88. Call (573) 234-3864, and they will handle everything anonymously.
- Please refrain from bringing your pet with you to the pool. If a pet is brought to the pool, the pool can be closed for the remainder of the summer by the City of Columbia due to a violation, and nobody wants that.
Summer Like a Local
Whether you’re going home or staying put for the summer, take advantage of all our community has to offer! Summers can be a great chance to enjoy the area in some new and different ways. With the hectic pace of school, many students miss out on opportunities to get involved and have fun in their local community during the academic year — it’s time to change that! From festivals to parks and local attractions, below are some ways you can summer like a local. As a bonus, most of them are either free or very affordable!
- Do something touristy
- Visit a farmers market
- Check out a local sporting event
- Visit your Chamber of Commerce website to find out about local attractions
- Find a calendar of nearby fairs and festivals
- Enjoy Fourth of July festivities and fireworks
- Hike or bike a nearby trail
- Volunteer with a local organization
- Have a picnic
- Go to an outdoor movie or concert
- Run or walk a local 5K
We’ll also be planning events and activities for you throughout the summer, and if you need ideas for other fun things to do in the area, please let us know. We have information on area resources and a local calendar of events on hand to give you plenty of options. Have a memorable and fun summer!
National Best Friends Day — Thursday, June 8 — Post a photo of yourself with your best friend on social media and tag us in the photo, or use the hashtag #ForestVillageBFF. We’ll choose the winner at random, and both best friends will receive a Regal Cinemas $10 gift card so you can see a movie together!
Open House — Friday, June 16 from 4–6 p.m. — We’re throwing an open house in the office! There will be prizes for tours and leases, as well as awesome deals going on during the event. Come in to the office to claim your prize!
Sun, Pool, & Ice Cream Sodas — Tuesday, June 20 from 1–4 p.m. — We’ll be making ice cream sodas at the pool and in the office. We’ll have all the stuff to help you cool off on a hot summer day, so come relax with us!
National Bomb Pop Day — Thursday, June 29 from 2–5 p.m. — We’ll be handing out Bomb Pops around the pool to celebrate National Bomb Pop Day!