As winter approaches, we wanted to let you know about our upcoming festive events. We’ll be having events for Christmas, ugly sweater fans, and hot chocolate lovers! We’re open to any event ideas that our residents would like to see. You can either stop by the office with those ideas, or email them to us at email@example.com.
If you have any maintenance requests, please give us a call or swing by the office.
Reminders & Updates
- Any after-hours noise complaints can be directed to Signal 88. Call (573) 234-3864, and they’ll handle everything anonymously.
- Please remember to dispose of trash at the various dumpsters around the property. Failing to do so will result in a $25 fine for every bag of trash.
- Rent payments are due on the 1st of every month. Late fees will begin on the 6th of the month.
Tips to Help You Through Finals Week
The time that you’ve been dreading all semester is here: final exams. This is a very stressful time for everyone, so remember to take a minute just for you.
Studies have shown that when you take one minute just for yourself every 30 minutes, your grades will improve. Cramming has proven not to work because you’re stressed, exhausted, and less likely to absorb everything that you’re trying to learn. Taking a minute just for you will allow you to breathe and reset your mind as you continue to study.
After your minute, make sure to take 10 more minutes to review what you’ve learned, and then 20 more minutes of new information before you take another break.
Just thinking about final exams gets stressful, so make sure to breathe and prepare the right way. Whether you’re writing papers, presenting, or taking an exam, preparation is the best way to get an A.
Here are some professor-approved study tips:
- Drink water, not soda or energy drinks.
- Eat fruits and veggies to give you natural energy.
- Turn your phone off as you study to lessen distractions.
- Find a study partner so you can quiz each other.
- Use the on-campus tutoring centers or peer-led groups.
- Talk to your professors! It shows that you care and are trying to do well.
- Make sure to eat a good breakfast the day of your exam. It truly is the most important meal of the day.
As a member of the Campus Advantage team, we want to do all we can to help you succeed! Make sure to stop by your local front office to see what resources or events they have to help you during this stressful week. We know that all of you are going to do amazing on your final exams!
Stay Warm & Cozy with Forest Village & Woodlake — December 5 — We’ll be putting together hot chocolate and candy cane goodies to give out to our residents.
We Want You to Hang Around — December 6 — We’ll be giving our residents their own ornaments to decorate and hang up if they would like to.
Ugly Sweater Contest — December 21 — Our residents can send us photos (via email or a message on social media) of their ugliest holiday sweaters. Each person will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 gift card!